Friday, January 30, 2009

Country

So I fell in love with country music. Crazy! I know, right? It started when I went to visit The Sis in KC... you see, unlike up here, all of their stations play country. There is at most two pop/rap/hiphop stations (while up here there are 50 bajillion) and all the rest... well... lets just say country music is unavoidable. So as I'm driving on my mega long (and boring and annoying) roadtrip it was either listen or shoot myself...

Obviously I'm still here, so we all know what happened.

The point of this story is... I actually enjoyed it. The music. And this is why:

1) because the lyrics to some (not all but quite a few) songs are so poignant... about things I feel, experience, hope to experience, love, hate, want, need, etc...

2) because they mention God, having faith, and being washed in the blood. I love that.

3) because they're hard to sing along to... the harmony, melody, whatever is so different from what I'm used to. It's a challenge!

4) because the music makes me think of summer time when the sky is all yellow with sunshine and the trees are thrown in high relief and bright bright green. And I love that... especially when its so cold.

Now I can't get enough of it. I've been putting the stuff on my ipod, my myspace, and now I'm blogging about it. I'm addicted. Though I have yet to fall in love with Johnny Cash (see! I don't even know how his name is spelled!), but I'm well on my way to becoming a hillybilly/cowgirl/hick/redneck woman.... you fill in the blank.

No comments: