Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Things To Be Thankful For

I've got so many things to be happy for this year. The first of which are 1) I'm 24. I'm at the prime of my life, so to speak. I'm young, healthy (er... that's healthier), I'm not living in a box and at this point I could do anything and everything that comes my way, I'm getting along with my parents and have all the time in the world to do the things I want to do. And 2) it's 2010. A new decade to start things off fresh. Combined, these two things form this sort of "good omen" over my head like a giant, puffy, silver-lined cloud just hovering up there with a thousand fairy dust rain drops ready to come sprinkling down on top of me. Fun thought, no?

Anyways, so along with this sparkly New Year's Eve image I've come up with a few New Year's resolutions: 1) Loose weight. Easier said than done, BUT I've decided that since it takes 21 days to form a habit, that if I go jogging every day... 21 days from now I'll have to go jogging in an obsessive compulsive way. And by jogging every day I'll stay active, keep up my metabolism, and help curb my appetite. 2) Keep tabs on my progress for both weightloss and jogging in my shiny new calendar!! (Half-price at Borders!!) It's an Ireland calendar with lots of pretty green pastoral pictures. 3) Obviously keep jogging.

And thankfully, I'm actually seeing progress! In the 5 days that I've been jogging, I've lost 3 or 4 pounds! If I can just keep this up (PLEASE GOD LET ME KEEP THIS UP) I might actually hit my goal of getting skinny/sexy and running a 10k in the not too distant future! (Am I using a lot of exclamation points? I don't know if you've noticed but I am very excited at the prospect of looking decent for a change)

Yet another thing to be thankful for... I have projects to do! Yay!! A new sheer dress for civil war with beautiful flowy soft gingham sheer in a light honey color with what I'm thinking will be a deep rosey pink accent color. I think i might spend time doodling this one up. I can't decide on the bodice, but I've got some time before I need to make a decision on details. I'm also getting better at knitting and have made myself a hat and one matching mitt... the second mitt to come! I like how intricate knitting can get, crochet always seems so bulking and grandma-ish!

I'm one step closer to finding the perfect job! I can feel it in my bones, this is my year to move out and make money! I just know that I'll hear something from someone... or find the perfect job to apply for! And then I can live independently and meet new people, make new friends, possibly a boyfriend which would be splendid! I can see it now, an almost adult-like life! I'll be able to pay off bills!! And see a doctor!! And save some money for a grand trip to New Zealand or Ireland to visit the places in my calendar!!

This is my year... I can feel it!!

No comments: