Every week I have a line up of shows to watch on Hulu. It used to be that I would watch these on live TV but then the world was introduced to TiVo. Because my family records shows at the same time as mine (God, forbid!) I have to use an online "TV Station" just to make sure I don't miss any action.
One of these shows is called Eastwick, about three women with witch-like powers who must navigate through some interesting situations. Well, anyway, every time I see the show pop up in my queue I think to myself... nah, I don't want to watch that. So I leave it sitting there so long that I might have two episodes to catch up with before I ever get around to watching the first. I talk myself out of it and think how awful it will be to sit there for an entire hour and watch this rather piece-y show. I never look forward to actually watching it.
Then I get bored. With nothing better to do I resort to watching it... and lo and behold! I actually enjoy it. I get into the characters and the plot and I want to see what happens next.
So why is it that I can't ever remember that I like it so much in the first place? No matter how many times I tell myself I like it, it only seems like I do during the fact and never before or after. The same might be said about my interest in rock climbing. I like the idea of it and have the opportunity to go every single day if I wanted to. Then when I finally make up my mind to do it, I get nervous and try to talk myself out of it. But when I get there I inevitably have fun.
The same goes for meeting up with my friend, I always think of how awkward it can be and I don't want that! But on most occasions we have fun, it's only a select few times that get awkward. So why do I worry that it will be every time?
No comments:
Post a Comment