I just finished making blackened tilapia with a garlic lime butter sauce, roasted broccoli and parmesan, and bruschetta with fresh mozzarella. 500 calories. Huge portions. Very very delicious.
That is my goal. To eat good food. To eat a lot of it. To eat whenever I'm hungry. To eat until I'm full. And to do it while losing weight. How can such a thing be possible, you ask? It's my new recipe book: Easy and Awesome 350-Calorie Meals.
I knew I wanted to be healthier this year, food wise. Last year, my resolution was to get my A into G (aka get my rear end off the couch and up and moving). Re: my last post... I was successful! To a point.
I obviously eat way too much and of the wrong foods. I don't get enough of a balance of protein and veggies. And I eat way too many white calories (ie sugars, enriched flour, etc etc). But the trouble was I am also lazy... and busy. I don't really want to spend hours in the kitchen worrying about cooking. Making a mess. Having to clean up dishes.
Although admittedly, I do enjoy cooking.
So when I came across this book in the bookstore, I fell in love with the idea that I could cook a fast meal under a certain calorie set and then just eat all I want of it. I bought the book immediately, along with another recipe book that follows the same lines (with less side comments/learning material). I now have over 500 recipes to try. Like the one above!
My New Year's Resolution, then, is: To eat healthier. To cook those meals. And to exercise as much as possible.
To do those, I plan to track it all with my new calendar (pictures of simplicity - beautiful and stark images of abandoned, rundown, sunny, empty, wide open and enclosed spaces)! I am going to spend time planning recipes and times when I can make things... even if it's all in advance. Then I will have no excuse for not making healthy and fulfilling choices. Nor will I forget to continue running (already have the Phx1/2 marked). I will jog as many days as I can, when I'm not tired or just need a break.
Obviously I won't be as much of a stickler as I was last year, but I think now that I have the hang of staying active, I can focus on something equally important. Plus, I've hit a plateau and I need to make other changes in my life. According to my new book healthy eating habits will allow you to loose 3/4 of the weight you'd like to see lost as opposed to the 1/4 you can shed by only exercise.
With that in mind, I will continue to keep up that 1/4, but augment it with at least another 1/4 (let's face it, this isn't something I can change over night...) of healthy eating.
And hopefully, now that I've plateaued a mere 13 pounds from my goal weight (technically 33 pounds but the next 13 or so I've been trying to loose for a damn long time... the other 20 give or take are just a healthy aspiration to keep me motivated), making some changes in my gluttonous lifestyle will be the nudge I need!
So here's to a wonderful new experience... aka learning to cook some delicious meals! And hopefully this time next year I'll not only be an amazing chef but also a few pounds lighter!!
Happy New Years!
No comments:
Post a Comment