Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye Bye 2010!

I thought it necessary to close out 2010 with a post before I head to a pool bar with my friend! Woot woot!

Well, last year I thought this would be the year for me and it was... I got a job that I love doing and could only be happier if it were closer to home. I stuck to my running regime (for the most part) and lost... drum roll please!!

22.25 pounds!

AND

19.5 inches total!

So what's my New Year's Res for 2011?? Well for one, keep it up!!

I plan to buy another calendar (half price!!) and to continue tracking my running/workouts. I'm going to run the Phoenix 1/2 even if it kills me (which so far may just happen). And I'm going to get back into the swing of things by nixing excess sugar, up the veggies, cook healthier food, etc etc...

But will it be my year again? No. I don't think so. I have a feeling this will be the year I explode. No, not literally... but something sometime is going to just explode. I'll break through some barrier or make some kind of move or improvement or I'm not really sure what. But I can see it in my mind's eye. An image of the year as a flat winding path swirling off into the distance - like the spaces on a game of Candy Land or Jumanji - and circling back on itself to represent a complete year, a full rotation.

And on the spaces that represent the distant but not too distant months... May? June? July?   I see a massive dark lightning cloud, sort of see through like smoke or mist or fog. It symbolizes some kind of turmoil but good or bad? I don't know. Frankly, I don't think good or bad, just a time of change. It's going to last about a month and then I'll bust through the fog and see things or do things clearly.

Whatever it is, it will be a change up from my usual routine.

That is what I feel about 2011. Where last year I felt pinky-silver sparkles, this year I feel flashy black/purple smokey powder. Weird... I know. Whatever...

My real New Year's Resolution? Sorry... gotta wait for the new year :P

No comments: