Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I want these things...

So I love to run, right? I recently twisted my ankle (and by recent I mean about a month and a half ago) and have finally been able to get out and run again. When it first happened I was devastated because running has become my life since Christmas - since I made my New Years Resolution (re: Things To Be Thankful For). I love to run... or rather, I love that I run. That I can run. Actually, the running bit kind of pisses me off because I go so slow and sort of plod along.

But when I'm done! That's the best feeling in the world. I've achieved something, and I can mark it in my calendar and see my progress. I can race against myself... go a little farther or get there a little faster than the day before. And then there is the whole running "culture" that comes with it. It's a... lifestyle change? That sounds so Self Help Book, but it's true! When I run, I want to eat healthier and I drink more water (and when I don't I can tell that I need to) and I make protein shakes and I read about running and think about running and... well the list goes on.

Basically, now that I've started back with the running (which had previously been replaced with using an elliptical), I want more gear! Gear to match my "lifestyle change." I love my running shoes like I love my figure skates. You see, after spending 4 years in the same leather on the same blades... you get to know the feel. Each scratch and scuff has a story. They're your old friends, put them on and you're coming home. My running shoes are like that now. So now I feel the need to make new friends as it were.

Two things: 1) a sports bra and 2) jogging pants that support your ligaments. I want I want I want!

beautiful pants

Tell me you don't want them, too!

No comments: